This is still flexible.
* 8:30: assemble / coffee
* 9:00: start / welcome
* 9:15: lightning talks
* 10:30: break / order lunch
* 10:45: lightning talks
* 12:00: lunch / group walk to cupcakes / getting to know one another / group photo
* 1:00: library tour
* 1:30: hackathon breakout(s) / lightning talks / other breakouts / BOFs (in parallel)
* 3:00: break
* 3:15: more content, TBD
* 4:15: wrap-up (sustaining energy & engagement?)
* 4:30: end
* 5:00: social at local pub
==Lightning Talks @10:45-12:00==
* If you have an idea, please sign up for a slot! These are quick, low-pressure talks, and you'll get good karma.
* [http://wiki.code4lib.org/2015_Lightning_Talks Examples of lightning talks] given at the last national Code4Lib.
* These are set as five minute slots, but at least a few will go over. So there's some flex time at the end.
<br /> ===== 10:45-10:50 =====
* Distant reading of texts from the HathiTrust, JSTOR, and/or EEBO
*: Eric Lease Morgan (Librarian-At-Large)
===== 10:50-10:55 =====
* On EAD
*: Esther Verreau, UIC
===== 10:55-11:00 =====
*: Paul Keith, Chicago Public Library
===== 11:00-11:05 =====
* Explore Chicago Collections
*: Tracy Seneca and Kate Flynn, UIC
===== 11:05-11:10 =====
* TopicHub: identify content of interest in one repository and deposit it in another
*: Jeremy Prevost, MIT
===== 11:10-11:15 =====
===== 11:15-11:20 =====
===== 11:20-11:25 =====
===== 11:25-11:30 =====
===== 11:30-11:35 =====
===== 11:35-11:40 =====
===== 11:40-11:45 =====
==Breakout/Hackathon Sessions @1:30-3:00==
* Up for debate: these are just some possible topics. We need four total.
* If you have an idea, add it to the list! If we end up with more than four, we will conduct a straw poll to determine the most relevant/popular.
==3:15: more content, TBD (??)==
* What content do '''you''' want during this slot?
* We're planning on hanging out at Jak's Tap after the event (the original suggestion, Moxee, is closed on Mondays). More details soon.
==UIC Environs: Lunch and Parking==
* '''[https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2JOTakXueSk.kSv_bxAdo3Xc&usp=sharing Lunch and parking map]'''
* Food options are mostly clustered in three places: Greektown (N of the freeway along Halsted), Taylor street (SW of campus), and University Village (S along Halsted).
==Getting to UIC==
* Parking in a UIC lot will cost $13 for a full day.
* If you're driving, there are several parking lots available (marked on the above map); I recommend the one south of campus (1135 Morgan). Note that no streets connect Harrison with Taylor, including Morgan, between Racine and Halsted; to reach the south lot, come up Morgan from Roosevelt.
* '''Circle Interchange difficulties ''' ** Circle Interchange (the confluence of I-90 and I-290 just NE of campus) construction is ongoing. ** Construction is causing traffic havoc nearby, especially near the corner of Harrison and Halsted. The Harrison bridge over I-90 doesn't currently exist. Best to avoid this area if possible. ** The Morgan street exit from I-290 has been closed for some time. [http://www.circleinterchange.org/under_construction/morgan_street.aspx According to IDOT]: *** Exiting access is prohibited from Westbound I-290/Congress Parkway *** From Southbound I-90/94 - exit Adams Street *** From Northbound I-90/94 - exit Ashland Avenue, backtrack east via Jackson Boulevard or Harrison Street