Difference between revisions of "OCLC Policy Change"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Petition ==
== Petition ==
Revision as of 08:35, 19 November 2008
- Policy for Use and Transfer of WorldCat® Records (second and final version)
- Archived copy of first version
- Diff between the two versions
Commentary Regarding First Revision (nov 2)
- pmurray - Is OCLC’s Change of WorldCat Record Use/Transfer Policy Related to the Google Book Search Agreement?
- jrochkind - viral nature of OCLC usage policy–like open source? No.
- Thingology - OCLC Policy Change
- Ed Summers - Bibliovirus
- Dan Scott - Archive of OCLC WorldCat Policy as posted 2008-11-02
- Libology - OCLC WorldCat is the Tiger, not the Lady
Commentary Regarding Second Revision (nov 5) / General
- Rob Styles - Schroedinger’s WorldCat
- Aaron Swartz - Stealing Your Library: The OCLC Powergrab (NC)
- Aaron Swartz - OCLC on the Run (NC)
- Annoyed Librarian - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love OCLC
- Inside Higher Ed - Maelstrom Over Metadata (NC)
- jrochkind - More on OCLC’s policies
- jrochkind - copyright trivia, one more
- jrochkind - A logical OCLC argument
- jrochkind - I don’t actually want to destroy OCLC
- Karen Calhoun - Notes on OCLC's Updated Record Use Policy (NC)
- Repohate - Declaration of Independance of Metadata
- Rob Styles - OCLC, Record Usage, Copyright, Contracts and the Law
- Panlibus - What are OCLC playing at?
- Library Journal - After Delay, OCLC Lays Out New Policy for Records Use and Transfer (NC)
- Terry Reese - OCLC’s proposed new guidelines for the transfer of bibliographic records
- Terry Reese - What would it look like if OCLC was broken up?
- Terry Reese - A look at the Policy for Use and Transfer of WorldCat Records revision
- Ed Corrado - karen calhoun on oclc’s updated record use policy
- Ed Corrado - new oclc policy on worldcat records re-released
- Ed Corrado - update on oclc worldcat policy
- Karen Coombs - Who’s record is it anyway?
- Richard Wallis (Panlibus) - Keeping the WorldCat in the bag
- Open Content Alliance - New OCLC Records Policy Generates Debate
- Richard Wallis (Panlibus) - OCLC – any questions?
- Sarah Hartman-Caverly - Final ‘Policy for Use and Transfer of WorldCat Records’ Posted by OCLC
- Suburban Banshee - OCLC Gets Grabby
- Roy Litwin - OCLC Powergrab?
- Rob Styles - More OCLC Policy…
- Ed Corrado - OCLC WorldCat Record Policy makes it to Inside Higher Ed and Slashdot
- Libology More OCLC Comments
- Karen Calhoun & Roy Tennant with Richard Wallis (podcast) - OCLC Talk with Talis about the new Record Use Policy
- Stefano Mazzocchi - Rule #1 for Surviving Paradigm Shifts: Don’t S**t Where You Eat
- Ed Corrado - Talis Podcast about OCLC WorldCat Record Use Policy with Karen Clahoun and Roy Tennant
- Jonathan Rochkind - more OCLC
- LISnews - OCLC Claims Ownership of Data In OPACs
- Slashdot - Non-Profit Org Claims Rights In Library Catalog Data (NC)
- Ben O'Steen - OCLC - viral licence being added to WorldCat data
- Uncontrolled Vocabulary #62 (podcast) - A Reliable Guide to Unicorns
- Karen Calhoun (via Autocat) - OCLC Record Use Policy (NC)
- Elaine Sanches (via Autocat) - Petition to stop OCLC from initiating the new WorldCat Policy (NC)
- Larry Alford, An open letter to the OCLC membership on the WorldCat Record Use Policy
Comments on Comments
Sometimes the best insight comes in the comments added to blog postings and other stories. This Yahoo! Pipe (also available as an RSS feed) is a concatenation of all of the comments from the postings and stories above -- with the exception of those marked "(NC)" because of use of software that doesn't support comment feeds. It was last updated as of page revision 1367.