no edit summary
A "hyperlocal" Code4Lib chapter, which has been in existence since around 2010.
[https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/chicode4lib Google Group]
Use this to chat about local issues, propose meetings, and let us know about local events.
* November 23, 2015
* Daley Library, UIC, Room 1-470
* [https://www.eventbrite.com/e/code4lib-chicago-fall-2015-meeting-tickets-18917137668 Register via EventBrite]
* 8:30: assemble / coffee
* 9:00: start / welcome
* 17:00: social at local pub
''If you have an idea, please sign up for a slot! These are quick, low-pressure talks, and you'll get good karma.''
# Distant reading of texts from the HathiTrust, JSTOR, and/or EEBO
# Headless CMSs (Wordpress, Drupal)
* [https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2JOTakXueSk.kSv_bxAdo3Xc&usp=sharing Lunch and parking map], curated by Allan Berry
* Food options are mostly clustered in three places: Greektown (N of the freeway along Halsted), Taylor street (SW of campus), and University Village (S along Halsted).
* '''Public Transit''': Take the Blue Line west from the Loop; get off at the UIC-Halsted stop. Walk south.
* [https://www.uic.edu/about/visit-directions More information on visiting UIC], including (better) mass-transit directions
* If you're driving, there are several parking lots available (marked on the above map); I recommend the one south of campus (1135 Morgan). Note that no streets connect Harrison with Taylor, including Morgan, between Racine and Halsted; to reach the south lot, come up Morgan from Roosevelt.
* Circle Interchange (the confluence of I-90 and I-290 just NE of campus) construction is ongoing.
* Construction is causing traffic havoc nearby, especially near the corner of Harrison and Halsted. The Harrison bridge over I-90 doesn't currently exist. Best to avoid this area if possible.